City_________________________State __________ZIP__________ Country________
Present WWW URL (if any): http://_________________________
Our desire is to delight the client with a professionally designed Web Page. It is imperative that we both understand and agree to the work being contracted. These are the terms of our agreement together:
1. Authorization. The above-named client is engaging Shy Bee Graphics as an independent contractor for the specific project of developing and/or improving a World Wide Web site to be installed on the client's web space on an Internet Service Provider's computer. The client hereby authorizes Shy Bee Graphics to access this account, and authorizes the Internet Service Provider to provide Shy Bee Graphics with "write permission" for the client's web page directory, cgi-bin directory, and any other directories or programs which need to be accessed for this project.
2. Package Elements. Shy Bee Graphics includes the following elements in their Web site packages:
3. Standard Web page packages only. The content of the Web pages will be supplied by the client and executed as specified by the client in the "Web Page Planning Worksheet" dated________________ . Notwithstanding any prices listed in literature or on Web pages, the client and Shy Bee Graphics agree that the services described in this contract shall be completed for $_________________________ which shall include up to _______Web pages. In case the client desires additional standard Web pages beyond the original number of pages specified above, the client agrees to pay Shy Bee Graphics an additional $_________ for each additional 600 X 800 pixel Web page with a maximum _____ images per page.
4. Special Instructions. The space below describes any changes the client desires from the services outlined above:
5. Changes to Submitted Text. Time required to make substantive changes to the text which are requested after the Web pages have been constructed will be billed at an hourly rate unless a written agreement is signed in advance by both the client and Shy Bee Graphics.
6. ISP. The client understands that any Internet Service Provider (ISP) services require a separate contract with the ISP of the client's choice. The client agrees to select an ISP which allows Shy Bee Graphics full access to the Web site and a cgi-bin directory via FTP and telnet. The client further understands that if the ISP's operating system is not a Unix system, additional fees may be charges for form construction and testing.
7. Completion Date. Shy Bee Graphics and the client must work together to complete the Web Site expeditiously. Shy Bee Graphics agrees to complete the Web Site no later than ________________.
8. Payment of Fees. Fees to Shy Bee Graphics are due and payable on the following schedule: 50% upon signing this contract, 50% when the Web pages have been constructed according to the client's original written specifications. If the total amount of this contract is less than $600, the total amount shall be paid upon signing this contract. If the client has not secured Web space on an Internet Service Provider by the time the Web pages are completed, the Web pages will be delivered to the client on diskette. Advertising the pages to Web search engines and updating occur only after the final payment is made. All payments will be made in US funds.
9. Assignment of Project. Shy Bee Graphics reserves the right to assign other Web designers or subcontractors to this project to insure the right fit for the job as well as on-time completion.
10. Legal Stuff. Shy Bee Graphics does not warrant that the functions contained in these Web pages or the Internet Web site will meet the client's requirements or that the operation of the Web pages will be uninterrupted or error-free. The entire risk as to the quality and performance of the Web pages and Web site is with client. In no event will Shy Bee Graphics be liable to the client or any third party for any damages, including any lost profits, lost savings or other incidental, consequential or special damages arising out of the operation of or inability to operate these Web pages or Web site, even if Shy Bee Graphics has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
11. Copyrights and Trademarks. The client represents to Shy Bee Graphics an unconditional guarantee that all elements of text, graphics, photos, designs, trademarks, or other artwork furnished to Shy Bee Graphics for inclusion in Web pages are owned by the client, or that the client has permission from the rightful owner to use each of these elements , and will hold harmless, protect, and defend Shy Bee Graphics, its owners and employees from any claim or suit arising from the use of such elements furnished by the client.
12. Copyright to Web Pages. Copyright to the assembled work of Web pages produced by Shy Bee Graphics is owned by Shy Bee Graphics. Upon final payment of this contract, all rights owned by Shy Bee Graphics as to the design, graphics, and text in this Web site are assigned to the client. Rights to photos, graphics, and CGI programs which were not owned by Shy Bee Graphics are limited to the client's use only; the products themselves remain the property of their respective owners.
13. Payment of fees. Payments must be made promptly. Delinquent bills will be assessed a $15 charge if payment is not received within 10 days of the due date. If an amount remains delinquent 30 days after its due date, an additional 5% penalty will be added for each month of delinquency. Shy Bee Graphics reserves the right to remove Web pages from viewing on the Internet until final payment is made. In case collection proves necessary, the client agrees to pay all fees incurred by that process legal and otherwise. This agreement becomes effective only when signed by Shy Bee Graphics. Regardless of the place of signing of this agreement, the client agrees that for purposes of venue, this contract was entered into in Duval County, Florida, USA and any dispute will be litigated or arbitrated in Duval County, Florida, USA.
14. Sole Agreement. The agreement contained in this "Web Page Design and Maintenance Agreement" constitutes the sole agreement between Shy Bee Graphics and the client regarding this Web site. Any additional work not specified in this contract must be authorized by a written change order. All prices specified in this contract will be honored for twelve (12) months after both parties sign this contract. Continued services after that time will require a new agreement.
15. Initial Payment. This agreement begins with an initial payment
On behalf of the client: __________________________________________________
On behalf of Shy Bee Graphics __________________________________________________