This short tutorial will step you through the forms needed
to get started with the "Rental Manager VR" program. Print this
help page and keep it handy for easy reference.
- Start the Rental Manager VR program (after installation).
- The first time the program runs it will create 4 databases.
- The "Calculator" form is displayed.
- Click "Tools" on the tool bar.
- Click "Default Values".
- The "Default Values" form
Click the "Add/Change Property Management Commission" button.
- Leave the "Default Values"
set at default or make any desired changes.
- The "Default Values"
are what will appear when a new property is added in the "Standard
Fees - Taxes" area.
The "Rental Property Information"
form is displayed.
Do not use any $ dollar symbols or % percent symbols.
The "Default Values" form
- In the "Property Name" field under "Add Property"
type in the name of your Property.
- Press "Tab" and enter the "Price per day" you
charge for the rental fee.
- Example" $150.00 per day would be entered 150.00 or 150
without the $ symbol.
- If you are a Real Estate company press "Tab" and enter
the "Management Fee".
- Example: 22.5% would be entered 22.5 without % symbol.
- Use the mouse and tab keys to navigate the form and continue to
fill out the address and pricing information about the Property you
- Notice that the "Standard Fees - Taxes" displayed
are the same as entered in the default values form.
- Click the "Save Property" button.
- Close the "Rental Property Information"
Click the "Calculator" button.
- The Property you just added is listed in the "Property Name
and Daily Rate" list.
The "Calculator" form is displayed.
Select the property you added from the "House Name" list
Press the "Tab" key.
Type 4 in the "People" field.
Press the "Tab" key.
Type 5 in the "Nights" field.
Press the "Enter" key to calculate the itemized rental fees.
Click the "Guest Register"
button with your mouse.
The "Guest Register" is
displayed with the itemized rental fees displayed.
Type in the guest name, address, and etc. as needed to complete the
Click "Save Guest" to save the guest to the database.
You will receive a prompt that the guest was added and asking if you
wish to add another guest.
You just added your first guest and property to the databases. Read the
other help files for a detailed explanation of each form in the program.
When the databases are created a default guest and property are added
to the databases and default values are set in the default values database.
One of the first things you will with to do is remove the property named
"Add House" from the house database. This property cannot
be removed until another property is added. The property and guest databases
require at least one record for the program to function properly.