To calculate the cost for a rental for a guest you need to:
- Select a property from the property drop down list.
- Type in the number of people that will stay in the property
selected for the visit.
- Type in how many nights the renter wishes to reserve.
- Select whether the peak season rental rate applies by checking
or un-checking the "peak ?" check box. (The peak season
rate must be input on the "Rental
Property Information" form.
- If a discount applies input it as a whole number in the "%Discount"
field (calculates discount for the entire rental fee) or type
in a dollar amount in the $Discount field.
- Type in any miscellaneous fees in the "Misc. Fees"
fields. (The description is NOT saved to the database) See
below for further information.
- Click the "Calculate" button or press the Enter key
on your keyboard and the calculated values will be displayed on
the right side of the form.
- View or add the renters' information by clicking the "Guest
Register" button. (Top right of form)
- Preview and then print the calculated values by clicking the
"Print Preview" button. (Top right
The daily rate is the calculated amount per night for the total
rental fee after discounts and any extra fee per guest over the
default "Free Guests" per night divided by the length
of the stay. This does not include any damage deposit, taxes or
fees are a calculated value performed by the program. These values
are calculated from the amount of management fee input into the
property database via the "Rental
Property Information" form.
Since Miscellaneous fees are seldom applicable the description
is NOT saved to the database. The amount charged however
IS saved to the database. If you charge miscellaneous fees it is
recommended that you save the amount and description of the miscellaneous
fee by typing it into the "Memo" field for the guest in
the "Guest Register"
Each fee listed at the right is a calculated value:
- Rental Fees - Total amount of the base rental fee.
- Total Discount - Total amount of the "Cash Discount"
plus the "Percent Discount".
- Damage Deposit(s) - Damage deposit for a property with
a stay of at least one night.
- Misc. Fees - Total of the miscellaneous fees input as
described in the section above.
- Cleaning Fee - The total amount of the cleaning fee charged
for property with a stay of at least one night. If selected on
the "Rental Property Information"
form in the "Standard Fees - Taxes" section.
- Sub Total No Tax - Total amount of fees that are added
to the total due which are not taxable.
- Sub Total Taxed - Total amount of fees that are added
to the total due which are taxable.
- Taxes - There are three values which will be calculated
if a value has been added to the "Rental
Property Information" form. Each item is calculated separately
and totaled below.
- Rental Fee Total - Total amount of all taxable items
- Tax Total - Total of the taxes charged to the taxable
- Total Due - This is the total amount due from the
What do these buttons do:
two buttons shown at right are used to:
a price quote e-mail to an e-mail address.
any helpful hints you selected on the "Calculator" form.